Thank you so much for this information. It is a gold mine! I don't speak 
Portuguese, but find it very easy to decipher. Just want to make sure I am 
guessing right on this information:
 
Manuel Antonio de Vasconcelos [43 anos, n. Cedros, Santa Cruz das Flores, 
f.o de Jose Antonio de Vasconcelos, n. Lomba, Lajes das Flores, e de Maria 
Joaquina, n. Cedros, e ja v. de Maria Jesus Avelar, f. Lomba, Lajes das 
Flores] c. 1882.10.12 c. Maria de Jesus [44 anos, n. Santa Cruz das Flores, 
f.a de Joao Furtado Noia e de Maria de Jesus, e ja' v.a de Antonio Jose 
Ventura].
 
Does the e ja v mean widower of Maria Jesus Avelar, and the ja' v.a mean 
widow of Antonio Jose Ventura?
 
Thanks
 
 
 
 
 

On Friday, December 28, 2012 3:33:47 AM UTC-8, João Ventura wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> Finally, Francisco Gomes has published his 'Casais das Flores e do Corvo' 
> book in e-book format. I suggested this to him recently after I saw the 
> website for the book disappear from the web. I was informed that he had 
> managed to sell all the paper copies, and I asked him to consider keeping 
> it 'alive' as an e-book.
>
> Even though I own the paper version, I bought one e-book, because of one 
> important factor that the paper version lacks: the ability to search. This 
> amazing book for anyone doing genealogy in Flores and/or Corvo requires you 
> to know the parish in which your ancestor decided to marry. With search 
> capabilities, that doesn't matter so much anymore. Also, it was only 
> possible to discover details using the name of the groom as the book was 
> indexed that way.
>
> You've got a choice of sites, with pros/cons:
>
> - Amazon (pro: Kindle, con: only Kindle) 
> http://www.amazon.com/Casais-Flores-Portuguese-Edition-ebook/dp/B00AQAOOF6
> - Lulu (pro: cheapest, con: Win/Mac Adobe Digital Editions only) 
> http://www.lulu.com/shop/francisco-gomes/casais-das-flores-e-do-corvo-extratos-dos-assentos-de-casamento-1675-1911/ebook/product-20563362.html
> - XinXii (pro: DRM-free, con: +$4.5 than Lulu) 
> http://www.xinxii.com/pt/casais-das-flores-do-corvo-p-339506.html
>
> I bought the XinXii version, as I prefer to have my e-books in a format 
> that I know I'll be able to open 20 years from now. If you decide to do the 
> same, please be responsible when sharing it in your family.. I'd like to 
> see the 'Famílias da Ilha das Flores (Vila das Lajes e freguesias da 
> Fazenda e do Lajedo)' book be re-published as an e-book one of these days, 
> and I don't see it happening if the author only sells one e-book copy.
>
> Best regards,
>
> João Ventura
> (not the usual one)
>
>

-- 
For options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or No Mail (vacation) 
mode, log into your Google account and visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/Azores.  Click in the blue area on the right 
that says "Join this group" and it will take you to "Edit my membership."
--- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Azores Genealogy" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/azores?hl=en.


Reply via email to