Doug,
Cousin Marriages are common on Flores because it is such a small Island. I
have cousin marriages on both sides of my family tree. If the genes are
good, superior decendants can be produced. I have some first cousins on my
father's side that married. One of their children married the child of
another first cousin of mine making them second cousins who married. This
couple had 4 children all of whom are college graduates. One of these four
children is now a professor at Boston University.
John Vasconcelos