>From the 1920 census page for the Frank Jesse family The census shows they
arrived in Mass in 1907. ,  , I've compared the births for Massachucetts on
Familysearch. The mother is Frances Nunes Silva, or Francisca Nunes Silveira

. A 1924 shiplist for the Arcadian from Bermuda to New York shows a group
of this family returning from a visit . their birth is shown as St
Michaels. The oldest shown as father is Frank Jesse 70 years. giving a
birthdate of 1854.

They give Frank Jesse's address on Prince street as destination.

With  Frank's childrens names of Naomi, Samuel, Abraham,Ruth and Moses, I'd
make a guess of some Jewish origin.


Eric Edgar


On Fri, Jun 28, 2013 at 4:32 AM, Dick Boba <[email protected]> wrote:

> Hi Aztec. My mother's maiden name is Jesse. Frank Jesse,  from North
> Plymouth, Massachusetts is my great-uncle. There were four brothers.
> Manual, Frank, Ted and Antoine. Antoine is my grandfather. One of Frank's
> grandchildren is my cousin Scott Jesse, and we have discussed the family to
> great length. He is not into computers and I don't live in Plymouth anymore
> so I don't get to see him at all so most of what he told me about Frank and
> his wing of the Jesse family was verbal and in my memory. My mother's
> sisters have recently provided us with verbal recordings (tapes) of their
> early family history which I have not fully processed yet. They were all
> very fiercly proud hard workers, middle income, which was quite an
> accomplishment in the early 20th century for Portuguese immigrants to
> America, so you can be proud of that. They provided for their families as
> boat builders and fishermen. They had their own boatyard in North Plymouth.
> The Jesse boat building business survives to this day. They all lived on
> Castle Street in North Plymouth, Ma. They have many descendants who are
> still strongly populated in the eastern Massachusetts and Rhode Island area
> and many of the cousins are very strongly connected. Our wing of the Jesse
> family (Antone's descendants) ave a family reunion every year in August at
> a campground in New Hampshire. My mother has told me her grandfather and
> grandmother (Frank's parents) were John and Mary (Jesse) that they came to
> North Plymouth  in the late 1800s, around 1880 or 1890 from some kind of
> vessel by way of Bermuda. It is confirmed they came from Azores (San
> Miguel) but before that Portugal and even before that from France (the name
> Jacinth has French roots) but we have not been able to trace that far back.
> They are all buried in Vine Hills cemetery in Plymouth, Ma. There are many
> Jesse graves there, that I have visited and examined myself. A distant
> relative from Plymouth has given me a database and photos he was working on
> of the early family tree. I have been combining this with the verbal
> recordings and our own family photos. I would be glad to send everything I
> have to you if you provide me with an email address (privately). There is
> also a wealth of information in this blog posting that I did not have which
> I will "pencil in" concerning the Azores connections and locations. The
> pre-Plymouth history has always been a great mystery to us Jesse
> descendants. Our parents simply do not know, and the 1st and 2nd
> generations have all long since passed and kept no records. So it's up to
> us children to piece it all together!
>
> I have attached a photo of the four brothers, which I am told was taken on
> my grandfather's wedding day in Fall River, MA, sometime in the 1930s.
> Frank is the one with the dark moustache. They also called him "Blackie"
> Jesse.
>
> On Wednesday, March 4, 2009 5:56:26 PM UTC-6, Aztec wrote:
>>
>> I am new to this group so please be patient. I have been trying to
>> research my Portuguese roots with little to no lucky. My Grandfather
>> was a ship builder in Plymouth named Frank Jesse (Jacintho?). He
>> married Francis Nunes de Silva. I have the Ellis island report of my
>> Grandfather coming to the US (twice) but am having no luck with my
>> Grandmother. My GGrandfather was also Frank (Francisco?) Jesse
>> (Jacintho?). His wife was Jacintha Jacintho (maiden name same as
>> married name). Both Franks came from San Miguel, and Francis came from
>> Pico. My mother always said her mother had a sister in California. Can
>> anyone help me with my research?
>>
>  --
> For options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or No Mail
> (vacation) mode, log into your Google account and visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/Azores. Click in the blue area on the
> right that says "Join this group" and it will take you to "Edit my
> membership."
> ---
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "Azores Genealogy" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
> email to [email protected].
> To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
> Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/azores.
>
>
>

-- 
For options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or No Mail (vacation) 
mode, log into your Google account and visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/Azores.  Click in the blue area on the right 
that says "Join this group" and it will take you to "Edit my membership."
--- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Azores Genealogy" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/azores.


Reply via email to