In tracking down a Mary Guiterra in the USA, I've concluded Guiterra is likely an Americanization of Quitéria. Mary was born on Flores, most likely in Santa Cruz das Flores and likely in December 1854. I think she emigrated under the simple name of Marie do Céu (de Ceu) in 1873.
I believe Manuel Rodrigues Quitéria and Sebastiana de Jesus had a daughter, Maria, born in late 1854 in Santa Cruz das Flores. It looks to me as the last baptism of the year 1854: http://www.culturacores.azores.gov.pt/biblioteca_digital/FLR-SC-SANTACRUZ-B-1842-1857/FLR-SC-SANTACRUZ-B-1842-1857_item1/P184.html Would someone please help me make out Maria's birth date and parents' names? Thanks, Steve -- For options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or No Mail (vacation) mode, log into your Google account and visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/Azores. Click in the blue area on the right that says "Join this group" and it will take you to "Edit my membership." --- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Azores Genealogy" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected]. To post to this group, send email to [email protected]. Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/azores.

