Wow Cheri, that’s so great! I hope that I will get some matches this time
around. Come on you Sao Jorge people, get tested!! LOL  Rosemarie

From: Cheri Mello
Sent: Friday, July 26, 2013 8:16 AM
To: Azores Genealogy
Subject: Re: [AZORES-Genealogy] Family Finder DNA, IT REALLY WORKS!!!

Here's how I did it......

Todd has his Gedcom up on FTDNA.  He's got about 5 or 6 generations (some 2
greats, some lines are 3 greats).  So his lines go back to the 1820s or so.

In FTDNA, I found Todd in my dad's FTDNA matches (he didn't match me - guess I
don't have enough of that DNA left) and I clicked the blue button below his
name.  His pedigree opened.  Then I started pointing at each person.  A little
window reveals the details...date and place of birth as well as date and place
of death. I saw a couple of his ancestors with Vila Franca. I have lots of Vila
Franca ancestors.  Then I kept looking.  Soon I found a group of his ancestors
from Ribeira Quente.  I swear I'm related to half of Ribeira Quente (RQ).  RQ
is online at the CCA and I happen to have a book that has the marriages in it.

Since Todd matches Shirley Allegre, I called Shirley, talked her through
finding Todd, and told her to take one group of ancestors from RQ and I'd take
the other.  It took about 2 hours I'd say, for me to make the connection (part
of that is I'm still on my slow laptop to it takes a little bit of time for the
images to load from the CCA site).

I now have 4, 5, or 6 people who all match each other.  I'm pretty sure we are
all coming from a couple that I call Antonio and Constancia.  A couple of the
people are stuck in Hawaii still, but they are matching me/my dad, Shirley,
Todd, etc.  And we all come from the same couple.  So I'm about 99% sure of
that being the connection!

Cheri Mello

FTDNA Admin (volunteer)

Azores DNA Project