I find this article fascinating as well Elaine.  I can't look away until
all the evidence is in which I may never live to see.  I've read about
science people quibbing and even murdering over things since the dawn of
time.  Prove this, prove that.  So I'll be curious to see what comes of
this.

I know this seems idiotic, but at no time can I buy it that no humans prior
to the 1500's ever inhabited any of the Azores.  As the article claims,
it's a puzzle.  A puzzle is something to be solved. Historically people
seemed to want to move in a westerly fashion, so I would think, or at least
hope, seafaring peoples stumbled upon the beautiful islands.  Even the
ancient Egyptians had giant barges they sailed on, and Romans as well who
stretched their conquering arms all the way to England in the first
century.   No one ever ran into an Azorean island and stayed?  That's a
head-scratcher. And I have no clue how the islands shuffled around for
thousands of years with the continental drift.

I suppose someone must have done testing on the recovered artifacts to
determine age, either radiocarbon 14, or potassium-argon or uranium-lead or
fire up the mass spectrometry accelerator and get some geotimelines
going. There are answers to this puzzle.  I'm going to go look some stuff
up on this to see what I can find.

And yet, In the dark recesses of my dreams, it gives me great joy to think
that the Azorean islands could be vestigages of the possible lore of
Atlantis.  Anything is possible.

CindyD