Yep 12% is what I have.  I figure that is why so many people always thought 
I was middle eastern and or Jewish!  I grew up in the Midwest and there 
were no Portuguese in the area.  In college many people thought I was a 
light skinned black girl.  I guess it was my kinky black hair that made 
people think that!  By the way, my ancestry is 100% from the Azores, my 
parents were from Sao Miguel.
Maria Natalia
On Monday, September 30, 2013 8:08:30 AM UTC-5, Eileen Leite wrote:

> This dna testing is very interesting! My husband shows Mozabite genetic 
> markers. North African dessert people. We assume it entered his line during 
> the Moorish conquest of the Iberian Peninsula, but are open to other ideas. 
>
>  
>
> Our children think this has a really high ‘cool’ factor, haha. 
>
>  
>
> We are wondering how common this is in the group, I’d guess pretty high? 
>
>  
>
> Eileen Leite
>

-- 
For options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or No Mail (vacation) 
mode, log into your Google account and visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/Azores.  Click in the blue area on the right 
that says "Join this group" and it will take you to "Edit my membership."
--- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Azores Genealogy" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/azores.

Reply via email to