That's close, Eric. Antonia Augusta was married to Francisco de Camara Benevides but now I know that he preceded her in death. The parents are correct as well. Can you or anyone else make out the date she died?
Joanne On Oct 15, 2013, at 10:12 PM, "luiznoia ." <[email protected]> wrote: > Joanne, > > What I see here is Antonio Augusta, widow of Francisco da Correia Bensuade, > It says she's the legitamate daughter of Lourenco de Souza and Joaquina de > Jesus, natives of this parish. > > Eric Edgar > > > On Tue, Oct 15, 2013 at 4:16 PM, Joanne Mercier <[email protected]> > wrote: > I found what I believe is my great grandmother's obit but the writing is not > clear. I tried to darken and sharpen it up on iPhoto but I'm still having a > little trouble. My portuguese is not bad - I also know what to look for > thanks to all your tips - but this cleric's writing is not helping me find > what I need. Can anyone give me a hand? Her spouse is Francisco de Camara > Benevides and her parents are Lourenco de Souza and Joaquina Rosa de Carvalho > (I think I've made that much out). It's the obit in the middle of the left > page (the pointer is right on it!) Thanks in advance for your help. > > Joanne > > Joanne Medeiros Grota Mercier > Researching Bretanha (Medeiros Grota, Benevides, deSouza), Lagoa (Luiz, > d'Oliveira Homem) and Rabo de Peixe (Martins Gouveia) > > > <Antonia Souza Obit 1897.jpg> > > > > > > -- > For options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or No Mail > (vacation) mode, log into your Google account and visit this group at > http://groups.google.com/group/Azores. Click in the blue area on the right > that says "Join this group" and it will take you to "Edit my membership." > --- > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups > "Azores Genealogy" group. > To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an > email to [email protected]. > To post to this group, send email to [email protected]. > Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/azores. > > > -- > For options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or No Mail > (vacation) mode, log into your Google account and visit this group at > http://groups.google.com/group/Azores. Click in the blue area on the right > that says "Join this group" and it will take you to "Edit my membership." > --- > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups > "Azores Genealogy" group. > To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an > email to [email protected]. > To post to this group, send email to [email protected]. > Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/azores. > <Antonia Souza Obit 1897.jpg> -- For options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or No Mail (vacation) mode, log into your Google account and visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/Azores. Click in the blue area on the right that says "Join this group" and it will take you to "Edit my membership." --- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Azores Genealogy" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected]. To post to this group, send email to [email protected]. Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/azores.

