From: azores@googlegroups.com [mailto:azores@googlegroups.com] On Behalf
Of Cheri Mello
Sent: Friday, October 25, 2013 9:44 AM
To: Azores Genealogy
Subject: Re: [AZORES-Genealogy]

In parts of my family, if your cousins were old enough to be your aunt
and uncle, you called them aunt and uncle.  So this "aunt" may be a
title only as Eileen stated.

Linda J needs to find the baptism of Leonor in Sao Sebastiao in Ponta
Delgada on Sao Miguel island.  Not just any Leonor on any island that
kind of seems to fit.  Maybe then the "aunt" story will make sense.
Then again, maybe not.  But since her paper trail has so far pointed to
S.Sebastiao in Ponta Delgada on S.Miguel island, she needs to look
there.  If I were researching George Washington, who was born in
Virginia, I wouldn't go looking for him in Massachusetts.  Sure, I'd
probably find one, but it's not good genealogy practice to go jumping
states when everything points to Virginia.

Researching: Vila Franca, Ponta Garca, Ribeira Quente, Ribeira das
Tainhas, Achada

--
For options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or No Mail
http://groups.google.com/group/Azores. Click in the blue area on the