Keith:  The margin reads:  for certifying/certification 8 Dec. 1836.

João Bote(i)lho, son of Anotonio e Barbara, brother of Catarina, Uncle of 
Innocencia, 7 June 1802 (attached margin note first and second word?)

 

I sure do hope you can find where your PIMENTEL line comes from, as I descend 
from the original Pimentel's that settled in the Azores.  They go back to DON 
Afonso de Pimentel 3rd Count of Benavente, in Castile, Spain.  It was DON 
Afonso's son Joao Afonso de Pimentel (of Grotas Fundas) that was the first to 
come to SM-VFDC, Sao Miguel island.  Joao was born in 1460 in Baesa, Galiza, 
Spain.



What I am hoping to figure out is the husband of Innocencia, José/phe da Costa 
immigrated in 1861 or 1862. They were married in Hawai'I in 1884.

 Keith do you have a copy of the marriage record?  It should have listed Jose's 
parents.  Do you know which part of Hawaii they were married in?  I have a 
"cousin" in Hawaii that would probably look up the info for me.



Shirley in CA

  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: kpsreading 
  To: [email protected] 
  Sent: Saturday, February 08, 2014 7:02 AM
  Subject: RE: [AZORES-Genealogy] Immigrants to Hawai'i 1883 from Rosto do Cão 
- Pereira, Costa


  Hi all,

  I guess I should explain a bit. I have quite a few records and read the 
Portuguese quite well in general. We live in Portugal outside of Coimbra now so 
I get a lot of practice with the language; although I am by no means 
proficient. That being written, I posted my query because I was hoping that I 
might find  someone searching the same family in this group. Then we could 
share what we have without duplicating efforts. So to avoid confusion, I 
already have the following documents as of this minute:

  Baptisms-

  Innocencia 'Pereira', 4 Apr 1869 (attached per Cheri) This is my paternal 
great-grandmother on my grandfather's line

  Maria 'Pereira', daughter of José e Jacintha, sister of Innocencia, 19 Feb 
1865

  Izabel 'Pereira', daughter of José e Jacintha and sister of Innocencia, 5 May 
1867

   

  Luiz Pereira (Innocencia's paternal grandfather), 2 Jan 1802

  Maria 'Pereira', sister of Luiz, 8 Oct 1796

  Joana 'Pereira', sister of Luiz, 9 Apr 1798

  Antonia 'Pereira', sister of Luiz, 14 Sept 1800

  João Pereira, brother of Luiz, 5 Aug 1804

   

  Cat(h)arina Izabel 'Bote(i)lho'wife of Luiz Pereira (Innocencia's paternal 
grandmother), 26 Feb 1805

  Incencia??? 'Pereira', daughter of Luiz e Catarina, 8 May 1822 (attached for 
help with the name and side note first word)

  Barbara 'Pereira', daughter of Luiz e Catarina, 8 May? 1824

  Antonio Pereira, son of Luiz e Catarina, 22 Oct 1826

   

  José Bote(i)lho, son of Anotonio e Barbara, brother of Catarina, Uncle of 
Innocencia, 23 Apr 1797

  Antonia 'Bot(h)elho', sister of Catarina, daughter of Antonio Botelho  e 
Barbara da Conceição da Souza, great aunt of Innocencia, 27 Oct 1799

  João Bote(i)lho, son of Anotonio e Barbara, brother of Catarina, Uncle of 
Innocencia, 7 June 1802 (attached margin note first and second word?)

   

  Francisca 'da Motta', sister of Jacintha and Aunt of Innocencia and daughter 
of João Francisco da Motta e Anna Jacinta 'Jacome?', 25 May 1828

   

  Marriages-

  Luiz Pereira e Catharina 'Bote(i)lho', 23 May 1821

  Francisco Pereira e Carlota Julia 'Jerome?', son of Luiz and brother of José, 
6? Feb 1854

   

  Passports/immigration docs:

  Joz/sé Per(r)eira and family, Passport Jan 1883, arrival card Abergeldie May 
1883

   

  Census Docs-

  Da Costa 1900 Halawa, Hawai'i

  Da Costa Pimental 1910 Halawa, Hawai'i

   

  And now thanks to Aaron I have Joz/sé's baptism as well. 

   

  What I am hoping to figure out is the husband of Innocencia, José/phe da 
Costa immigrated in 1861 or 1862. They were married in Hawai'I in 1884.

   

  Thanks for all of the help and if any of these docs are needed by anyone let 
me know.

   

  Cumprimentos,

  Howard Keith Pimental

   

   

   

   

  From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of 
Cheri Mello
  Sent: Saturday, February 08, 2014 4:46 AM
  To: Azores Genealogy
  Subject: Re: [AZORES-Genealogy] Immigrants to Hawai'i 1883 from Rosto do Cão 
- Pereira, Costa

   

  Keith,

  Can you post Innocencia's baptism and the passaporte that contains her with 
her family?



  Cheri Mello
  Listowner, Azores-Gen
  Researching: Vila Franca, Ponta Garca, Ribeira Quente, Ribeira das Tainhas, 
Achada 

  -- 
  For options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or No Mail 
(vacation) mode, log into your Google account and visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/Azores. Click in the blue area on the right that 
says "Join this group" and it will take you to "Edit my membership."
  --- 
  You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Azores Genealogy" group.
  To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an 
email to [email protected].
  To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
  Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/azores.


  -- 
  For options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or No Mail 
(vacation) mode, log into your Google account and visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/Azores. Click in the blue area on the right that 
says "Join this group" and it will take you to "Edit my membership."
  --- 
  You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Azores Genealogy" group.
  To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an 
email to [email protected].
  To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
  Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/azores.

-- 
For options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or No Mail (vacation) 
mode, log into your Google account and visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/Azores.  Click in the blue area on the right 
that says "Join this group" and it will take you to "Edit my membership."
--- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Azores Genealogy" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/azores.

Reply via email to