From: azores@googlegroups.com [mailto:azores@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of
Sandy Dolan
Sent: Wednesday, February 19, 2014 11:15 PM
To: azores@googlegroups.com
Subject: [AZORES-Genealogy] Re: Catholic Church in Cambridge, MA

Hi Karen,

My grandparents also attended St. Anthony's church, now on the corner of
Cambridge Street and Cardinal Mederois ( Way or Street). The original old
wooden church was across on that street a little further down. My dad and his
brothers and sisters went there as well.

My grandmother was Deolinda (Augusta) Souza and was born in 1882, also from
Angra, Terceira. I was wondering if you had any more information about your
grandmother who's last name was Augusta. I have been trying so hard to find out
how many brothers and sisters she had and there names. I know she had a brother
Joseph and a brother Bernard. My Dad is now 86 (soon to be 87 next month) and
was the baby of 8 kids in his family and the last older brother he has left has
dementia, sadly. My dad doesn't remember any family history to tell of. I was
only 12 when my grandmother died in 1972 and back then I didn't have the bright
idea of asking her about her family and growing up in the Azores. She spoke
mostly Portuguese so I never really had a conversation by myself with her. My
aunt would translate. But I loved her just the same and now want to know all
about her (when it's too late!). Just wondering if there might be a connection
I could work with!

Thanks!

Sandy