Hello,
Here is a link to immigrant records for Sao Paulo, but I think it starts at
1880...I know that's of  no use to you regarding Manuel.  If nothing else,
it's another resource to add to your list for future use.

 here is a link to the Immigrant Ships Transcribers Guild:
http://www.immigrantships.net/    ISTG has a huge collection of passenger
manifest lists.

If I find any other websites related to this, I will post them here.  Good
luck