Hi Joseph,

The information you entered was very limited, it would be nice if you could
post the 1864 and the 1869 birth record links.  However I took a peak at
the indices and did find a birth record for a child by the name of Antonio
born to Manuel da Costa and Filomena Augusta da Conceicao which leads me to
believe this may be your couple.  Does the surname "Feitor" mean anything
to you?

http://culturacores.azores.gov.pt/biblioteca_digital/SMG-VF-SAOMIGUEL-B-1885-1889/SMG-VF-SAOMIGUEL-B-1885-1889_item1/P79.html


I did not find their marriage record under Costa or Feitor.  It is possible
the bride may have been from a different place where the marriage took
place.  Did find Manuel's parents marriage record I in 1816.

http://culturacores.azores.gov.pt/biblioteca_digital/SMG-VF-SAOMIGUEL-C-1812-1820/SMG-VF-SAOMIGUEL-C-1812-1820_item1/P47.html

Check it out,




On Wed, Mar 12, 2014 at 8:14 PM, JR <[email protected]> wrote:

> Well, I have a couple of suggestions. You may have to the nearby villages,
> such as Ribeira das Tainhas and Agua de Pau, Agua de Alto. They are
> adjacent to Vila Franca. Have you checked that Manuel da Costa may go by
> another name. Filomena is much rarer in pre-1900's, but sometimes may
> actually be Maria Filomena.
>
> In the period between about 1860 forward, grandparents were listed in
> marriages and baptisms. What do those documents say?
>
> JR
>
>
> On Wednesday, March 12, 2014 9:28:47 AM UTC-4, Joseph Costa wrote:
>>
>> Hi everyone.
>>
>> I'm loving the new indices that Matriz, VFDC uploaded for births,
>> marriages and deaths!
>>
>> Along those lines, I've been searching for the marriage record of my 2nd
>> great grandparents, Manuel da Costa and Filomena da Conceicao (also known
>> as Filomena Augusta).  According to the birth record of their son Jose
>> (first born of that name) from December 1864 at Matriz VFDC, the two of
>> them were natives of Matriz and were married there (it says that).  I also
>> have the birth records of their twin daughters, Maria and Jacinta from
>> 1869.
>>
>> I have searched high and low  for their marriage record at Matriz before
>> the indices came out.  Now that the indices have been uploaded their
>> marriage doesn't appear in it at all for any year.  There is a Manuel da
>> Costa and Filomena da Conceicao in the 1890's, but it can't be them.   I
>> also searched Sao Pedro.....no luck there either.
>>
>> Any thoughts on how I should approach this?  Is it possible that it was
>> just a civil ceremony?  Wouldn't that have been frowned upon back then?
>>
>  --
> For options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or No Mail
> (vacation) mode, log into your Google account and visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/Azores. Click in the blue area on the
> right that says "Join this group" and it will take you to "Edit my
> membership."
> ---
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "Azores Genealogy" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
> email to [email protected].
> Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/azores.
>



-- 
Margaret M Vicente

-- 
For options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or No Mail (vacation) 
mode, log into your Google account and visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/Azores.  Click in the blue area on the right 
that says "Join this group" and it will take you to "Edit my membership."
--- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Azores Genealogy" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/azores.

Reply via email to