Thank you Manoel.

There was a lot of names there.  I looked up the occupation or title "Alferes"
And it said Ensign.  It is curious that the priest wrote "THE ALFERES".  As if
the person were the only one like a judge or maybe the keeper of a Lighthouse
that served as an ensign .

I wonder what that occupation or title that be in the context of the culture at
the time?

Maria Elena