Lilliana, One thing you may find in the City Directories of Mass. is that they
have a list of deaths and births that have taken place during the year that is
being enumerated. Be sure and check the back of the book!

Rosemarie

From: Liliana Harris
Sent: Thursday, April 10, 2014 2:54 PM
To: azores@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: [AZORES-Genealogy] City Directory Surveys

Thanks, Marilyn. I know it's a long shot, but would you happen to know the
answer for New Bedford, Massachusetts?

On Thursday, April 10, 2014 2:21:03 PM UTC-7, Marilyn Thompson wrote:
  Cheri is correct. It all depended on the city, county, or publisher. I have a
pretty good knowledge of city directories as I did an inventory of city
directories for the Library of Congress, in DC as part of my internship.

  Marilyn