Does anyone know if they kept Military Records for individuals during the early 
1700's? For instance, they must have documented when an individual achieved the 
title of Alferes or Capitao and listed some personal info about the person. 
Maybe the Angra archives or library would have something..

I ask this because I have not been able to find out any more info about who the 
parents or siblings might be of my ancestor who was a Capitao in Luz, Graciosa 
in the early 1700's. I cannot find his baptismal or marriage record, so this 
would be a long shot..

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.


Thanks,

David

-- 
For options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or No Mail (vacation) 
mode, log into your Google account and visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/Azores.  Click in the blue area on the right 
that says "Join this group" and it will take you to "Edit my membership."
--- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Azores Genealogy" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/azores.

Reply via email to