Tanya,

Records of death might be your best bet on this.

Since Manoel Rapozo de Amaral (now spelled as Manuel Raposo do Amaral) died in 1904, then maybe one or two of his siblings stayed behind in Candelaria, or his wife's village of Ginetes.

So trace them and/or their grandchildren, up to 1905 which is where the Sao Miguel records on CCA all end right now. At the very top of the death look for wording like "in a house with no number ..." (struck out there, except it does give the street), or maybe a lucky find like "in house number 21 on rua da Areia" (a street I am making up, but it says the actual house number).

Keep in mind that whatever house number you find in 1900 will almost certainly have changed by now. But maybe you can use the biblioteca to locate an old map.

I did exactly these things for my Hungarian ancestors. I located a map from about 100 years ago and it shows every house in the village. I would think something will exist for you like that.

Boa sorte e boa viagem!

Doug da Rocha Holmes
Sacramento, California
Pico & Terceira Genealogist
916-550-1618
www.dholmes.com


-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [AZORES-Genealogy] Street address House number, for Azores
From: tanya808smith <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, April 25, 2014 1:50 pm
To: [email protected]

Aloha,

Does anyone know which type of records would include addresses / house numbers etc. I'm talking about older records 1800 -1900? I already have the church but would love to get something more.  I was wondering if I could be lucky enough to try and locate some connection to my family from Candelaria or Ginetes.  I'm visiting the area this June.

My Mothers paternal side:


Henrique Jose Rapozo de Amaral  - Portugal
Sp Geronima Maria - Portugal

Children:
Manoel Rapozo de Amaral b. 1826 Candalaria, Sao Miguel, d. 1904 HI
SP. Maria Agusta De Jesus Duarte b. 1830 Ginetes, Sao Miguel d. 1922 HI

Thank you,

Tanya Smith

--
For options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or No Mail (vacation) mode, log into your Google account and visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/Azores. Click in the blue area on the right that says "Join this group" and it will take you to "Edit my membership."
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Azores Genealogy" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/azores.

--
For options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or No Mail (vacation) mode, log into your Google account and visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/Azores. Click in the blue area on the right that says "Join this group" and it will take you to "Edit my membership."
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Azores Genealogy" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/azores.

Reply via email to