Tanya, the records which would list addresses in the narrative, would be 
"obitos." Having said that, I have no idea, whatsoever, when the practice 
started - I'm thinking, probably, when Civil Registration began, because 
that era ushered in many new policies, ordered by law. Perhaps someone can 
help us with that. 

On Friday, April 25, 2014 4:50:12 PM UTC-4, tanya808smith wrote:
>
> Aloha,
>
> Does anyone know which type of records would include addresses / house 
> numbers etc. I'm talking about older records 1800 -1900? I already have the 
> church but would love to get something more.  I was wondering if I could be 
> lucky enough to try and locate some connection to my family from Candelaria 
> or Ginetes.  I'm visiting the area this June.
>
> My Mothers paternal side:
>
>
> Henrique Jose Rapozo de Amaral  - Portugal
> Sp Geronima Maria - Portugal
>
> Children:
> Manoel Rapozo de Amaral b. 1826 Candalaria, Sao Miguel, d. 1904 HI 
> SP. Maria Agusta De Jesus Duarte b. 1830 Ginetes, Sao Miguel d. 1922 HI
>
> Thank you,
>
> Tanya Smith
>
>

-- 
For options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or No Mail (vacation) 
mode, log into your Google account and visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/Azores.  Click in the blue area on the right 
that says "Join this group" and it will take you to "Edit my membership."
--- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Azores Genealogy" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/azores.

Reply via email to