You are correct, Margaret...my brain finally figured that out....I kept
thinking something right.

My cousins direct ancestor is Maria Baptista de Bettencourt who married
Antonio Lobao (Lobam) Botelho on October 30, 1752 in NS da Luz (Graciosa),
he; in turn was the son of Antonio Lobam Botelho (per marriage record) who
married Felipa Espinola (this Antonio died in July 1750 at approximately 49
years of age per death record).

This now means there is a third Antonio Lobao/Lobam Botelho in the
records.  I will have to watch out for that.

I sometimes believe they did this just to purposely confuse us in the
future!  grrrrrr

Thank you for your help - you've helped somewhat it in sorting it out....I
will just keep in that the back of my mind...that he's there too and keep
an eye out for him.

Now, bac to the drawing board....so, to speak.

Lee