Me, too and I hope we have found Helda's "Laura". It is possible that Laura's
Dad had a first marriage.

John

On Wednesday, May 21, 2014 12:19 PM, "E" Sharp" <bellema...@gmail.com> wrote:

John,

One of her US records says her parents were Joseph and Isabelle so that seems
to go with what you have found and the birth year you listed is comparable with
US records as well as the name Laureana on a census record.  My hunch tells me
this is her.  Maybe their family stories of her legitimacy were incorrect.
Lord knows I have had plenty of family stories in my own research that didn't
pan out.

Helda,  Are you looking for living relatives??  if you want further info,
please email me privately.

"E"

On Wed, May 21, 2014 at 8:28 AM, 'John Raposo' via Azores Genealogy