Erica, too bad I didn't see this correction before I attempted to decipher
the record on the opposite page - no matter... "Getz" *is* apparently a
surname, although, not of Portuguese origin (could be Flemish). It is
interesting, however, that this same person, who is being married in*
this*record, was also a testamunha (witness) in the wedding on the adjacent
page.