The day looks like the 27th.  He was 65 years old.
That is the only thing that I see.

Shirley in CA
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Kawika322
  To: azores@googlegroups.com
  Sent: Friday, May 23, 2014 2:54 PM
  Subject: [AZORES-Genealogy] Interpretation of Obit Record from Sao Matheus,
Graciosa

  Hello all,

  I wanted to get a few more eyes for an obit record I came across for one of
my Graciosa ancestors Capitao Joao Espinola de Ataide (the Ataide surname is
not listed on the this obit record though i think).

  It is the bottom record on the right hand page. May 1717 Sao Matheus, Graciosa

http://culturacores.azores.gov.pt/biblioteca_digital/GRA-SC-SAOMATEUS-O-1664-1721/GRA-SC-SAOMATEUS-O-1664-1721_item1/P192.html

  Can anyone make out the precise date the obit record took place? The month is
May but the day is kind of unclear. It should be after the twentieth i think
because the record prior looks like May 26. Also, does it state he is married
or widowed? as it is kind of hard to read. It looks like casado (married). The
wife's name I believe is listed as just D. (Dona) Maria.

  Lastly, the fifth row down of the record, it states his approximate age, and
I cannot tell exactly if it is 65 or 75 years.

  Any help would be appreciated,

                David

  --
  For options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or No Mail