Subject: Re: RE: [AZORES-Genealogy] Parents of Joao Da Costa Ferraz and
Antonia Francisca
From: Herb and Judi Silva <herbandj...@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, May 26, 2014 7:52 pm
To: azores@googlegroups.com

 Hi Doug

I do have a line that originated in Terceira,  a Joao de Rosa and Ana Joaquina  of Se, Angra do Heroismo Terceira, who had a son named Antonio  Jose "Terceira" Coelho who was born in Se Parish,  but  married Jacinta Rosa in NS da Conceicao, Ribeira Grande Sao Miguel on 8 July 1798.  I don't have dates for Joao Rosa and Ana Joaquina and CCA has not posted any Ribeira Grande records so it's a bit challenging to do crosschecks and prove lines. I'm hoping to live long enough to actually see those records in the  CCA site. LOL

 Antonio Jose "Terceira" Coelho ( is one of my 4th great grandfathers) and Jacinta Rosa had a daughter Luzia Candida who  married Jose Jacinto Rego  on 14 Jan 1839 in Ribeira Grande.  You know how Portuguese people are notorious and unforgiving with use of nicknames, so coming from Terceira to Sao Miguel, he was likely given the nickname of "Terceira". Did the Rosa family move to Sao Miguel from Terceira?

 Interesting though that my grandfather moved to Angra in the 1930's from Sao Miguel. Was there a connection there, who knows?

Herb