Hi all,

It turns out I will be traveling to the Azores for three weeks in July!
I'll spend some time on São Miguel, Faial, Flores, and maybe Pico. I will
be on Flores for the Festa do Emigrante. While I am there I'd like to do
some family research. Does anyone know if there is an accessible archive on
Flores? I am looking for birth records for my great-great-grandparents:
Caetano Freitas (born 5 August, 1845) and Mary Isabel Avellar (born 7 Feb.
1855). They were married and died in California, so I don't expect to find
anything on them after their birth. But it would be great if I could find
their parents or other family members. No idea what freguesias they came
from. I was always told they were from Pico, until a third cousin found a
death record for Caetano in California that listed his place of birth as
Flores, Azores.

Obrigado,

Steve