Hi,

I recently had a match on My Heritage with a tree that has a Maria de Avila,
married to Pedro Dutra Alvernas or "o Cabaco".  I believe that they are my
9th great grandparents. The person on My Heritage found a death record for
Maria at
http://culturacores.azores.gov.pt/biblioteca_digital/FAL-HT-CASTELOBRANCO-O-
1643-1722/FAL-HT-CASTELOBRANCO-O-1643-1722_item1/P210.html (middle record on
the right side). I am trying to decipher the age of Maria at the time of
death and also any other names that appear in the death record. I can read
the deceased husband's name and a daughter, Catarina Dutra, but I can't read
most of the rest of the record.

The reason I want the age is that the listing for Maria on the My Heritage
tree has her birth in 1635, but her first child isn't born until 1673 and
her last child is born in 1689. That makes her 38 at the first birth and 54
for the last birth which seems unlikely. The birth record cited for Maria de
Avila is at
http://culturacores.azores.gov.pt/biblioteca_digital/FAL-HT-CASTELOBRANCO-B-
1624-1706/FAL-HT-CASTELOBRANCO-B-1624-1706_item1/P22.html

I am not sure how the owner of the tree concluded that this is her Maria
since there are at least 4 Marias on the page. I also don't know how she
decided to look at the records for that time period for Maria since she does
have a record for the husband Pedro that indicates he was baptized in 1650.
It seems more likely that Maria would have a birth date closer to his.

I am hoping that the age of Maria at death will point to a birth year I can
search. I am reluctant to contact the owner of the tree directly with the
these questions because I am not sure I can convey them in Portuguese which
appears to be her language.

Any help would be appreciated.

Diane George