Thank you for the information. I believe I am a descendant of Pedro Dutra
Alvernas and Maria Correia.

I will send you more information to your email address.

Diane George

From: azores@googlegroups.com [mailto:azores@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of
Geraldo Dutra de Andrade Neto
Sent: Tuesday, June 24, 2014 6:56 PM
To: azores@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: [AZORES-Genealogy] Age in Death Record for Maria de Avila?

Hi Diane,
I'm also from this line, as I descend from Pedro Dutra Alvernas and Maria
Correia (the Dutra in my name today is from him). This Pedro Dutra Alvernas is
also Known as cabaço, and he is probably the son of Pedro Dutra Alvernas (also
known as Pedro Utra) married to Maria de Ávila.
I have not found the marriage record for Pedro Dutra Alvernas, the son, to
Maria Correia. His death is the second in the left:

http://culturacores.azores.gov.pt/biblioteca_digital/FAL-HT-CASTELOBRANCO-O-1727-1782/FAL-HT-CASTELOBRANCO-O-1727-1782_item1/P69.html

I wonder which son or daughter you descend from.

The information I have on Pedro Dutra Alvernaz and Maria de Ávila is from
"Genealogias das Quatro Ilhas, vol.I, p.811, de Jorge Forjaz e Atonio Ornelas
Mendes.":

"Maria de Ávila, n. em 1647 e f. em Castelo Branco a 1.2.1722.

C.c. Pedro Dutra Alvernaz, b. em Castelo Branco a 3.7.1650 e f. em Castelo
Branco a 9.11.1705, filho de Amaro de Almança e de Isabel de Alvernaz."

It means she was born in 1647 e died in 1 fev 1722. Married to Pedro Dutra
Alvernaz, baptized in 3 jun 1650, died in 9 nov 1705, son of Amaro de Almança
and Isabel de Alvernaz.

I hope it helps,

Geraldo Dutra de Andrade Neto