Mel,

It is saying the couple were married (recebidos) in S. Nicolau of Sete
Cidades and it is *Vale* das Sete Cidades and yes, the father is from N.
Senhora da Conceicao, Mosteiros. The Mother from S. Sebastiao Ginetes, they
are parishioners of Mosteiros and live in Sete Cidades.

Margaret Vicente

On Wed, Jul 2, 2014 at 5:56 PM, IslandRoutes <
insearchofthehumanspi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am trying to work out what the middle part of this baptimal says.  I've
> got the beginning.  It says that Maria Albina de Jesus was from lugar de
> Ginetes.  After the word Ginetes it says something like "recebios(?) no
> Irmida de Sao Nicolao do Sete Cidades, Parochiianos d'este freguezia e
> moradores no deste(?) valled de Sete Cidades.
>
> What is that telling me?  This record is in the church records for
> Mosteiros.  So is it saying that the baby was baptised in Mosteiros, the
> father is from the same place, the mother is from Ginetes, but they live in
> Sete Cidades and are parishioners of that church?  I've never encountered
> this wording before, so it threw me off.
>
> The entry is No. 46 Maria on this page (image 20)
>
> http://culturacores.azores.gov.pt/biblioteca_digital/SMG-PD-MOSTEIROS-B-1870-1879/SMG-PD-MOSTEIROS-B-1870-1879_item1/P43.html
>

> Thanks!

Margaret M Vicente