Hi Pam,

If you click on the person to see the details you seem to get more or most of
the name but there are cases where you only get the woman’s first name such as
Maria in tree view and in detail.  I am beginning to think they transferred the
old data by something other than a gedcom and in the transfer it could not read
all the names or if it did it scrambled them.  Consider my wife’s first name it
is “Man Chun” in tree view it shows as Man Pimentel, in details it shows Man
Chun Pimentel with “Chun” treated as a middle name. (I had to go to edit to see
this). So in going from the old format to the new half of her first name was
changed to her middle name.

The only thing I have not tried is to delete the whole tree and reenter it and
see what happens.

There is a huge problem with the new trees and we need to let them know loud
and clear we do not like it.

Pam which way do you want to change the number of generations?  I see you can
try and delete some if you have too many.  I also notice that it is not showing
all the generations I previously had but I can view more of a line by clicking
the branch symbol next to the person. In the old format you had to click on the
arrow to see more of the line.  Also in the old tree you had numbers for each
person so you could refer to a number person when communicating to others. This
was helpful if there were people that had the same name.  You could quickly
know that Manuel de Sousa #32 was your connection and not Manuel de Sousa #84.
There is no way to do this in the new tree.

Rick

Family Tree DNA Co-Administrator
Azores DNA Project

Azores DNA Project Co-Administrators