​Thank you all for your replies.  Thank you, Rosemarie, for the FHC info
and I shall research that further.  The early 1800's Portugal marriage
record says he is from  a state of the German Empire.  I have been to
Trieste to meet my many cousins living there a few years ago and met many
cousins on the island in the Adriatic my family originally came from.  My
5th great grandfather was 42 years old when he married my 5th great
grandmother so he married his first wife probably 1780's to early 1800's.
An interesting note, he had his last child with my 5th
great-grandmother when he was 75 years old...he died 8 years later.   He
ended up in Portugal with Napoleon's Navy and decided to stay there
(deserted??). I have this family back to 1503.  Story is a wealthy young
man with time on his hands decided to write all the BMD's of the island and
it was eventually put into a book that my Archbishop Emeriti cousin, who I
did get a chance to meet (now deceased) and others had his
notes published and I have a copy of these hefty books(5 of them).  I
carried them back in my luggage years ago....can you imagine what it would
cost me now in luggage fees!!  The marriage records gives his first wife's
name and that she is deceased and I would love to try and find out  if he
and his first wife had any children.

FYI....  I found this....Austro-Hungarian empire from 1797 to 1918, there
were 13 the actual countries which made up the Austro-Hungarian empire:
Austria, Hungary, the Czech Republic, Slovenia, Croatia,
Bosnia-Herzegovina, Serbia, (Vojvodina), the Italian regions of
Trentino-Alto Adige, Venezia Giulia and Friuli Orientale, parts of
Montenegro, Romania, Poland and Ukraine.

Thank you all so much again.  I will let you know if I find her or I will
try and find a researcher in Trieste one of these days to help me.

"E"

-- 
For options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or No Mail (vacation) 
mode, log into your Google account and visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/Azores.  Click in the blue area on the right 
that says "Join this group" and it will take you to "Edit my membership."
--- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Azores Genealogy" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/azores.

Reply via email to