Thanks for the feedback Cheri.

I read the articles you suggested, and based on some of the samples, I've 
concluded that I'm not missing a whole lot. That which I don't understand 
can just be passed through Google Translate.

Next time I need help I'll keep in mind your suggestion about posting a 
link to the article in question.

I appreciate the help.

On Tuesday, September 16, 2014 3:50:11 PM UTC-7, Cheri Mello wrote:
>
> Anthony M,
>
> You can get the entire Portuguese Paleography published by the Church of 
> Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (aka Family Search) through the Azores 
> GenWeb here:
> http://goo.gl/nvag1R
>
> There are also researchers for hire that will translate for you.  That 
> list is also on the Azores GenWeb.  
>
> If you want to do it yourself, those that get the most help from this list 
> post a link to the record in question, who it is and where it is on the 
> page (upper right, middle left).  Then they post what they can get out of 
> it (names usually come first).
>
> Also on the Azores Genweb, there's a sample of a baptism, marriage, and 
> death with a line by line translation.  That may help you as a guide.  I'm 
> working on getting a few more samples (as my time permits).
> http://goo.gl/J8fwbD
> Cheri Mello
> Listowner, Azores-Gen
> Researching: Vila Franca, Ponta Garca, Ribeira Quente, Ribeira das 
> Tainhas, Achada 
>

-- 
For options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or No Mail (vacation) 
mode, log into your Google account and visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/Azores.  Click in the blue area on the right 
that says "Join this group" and it will take you to "Edit my membership."
--- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Azores Genealogy" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/azores.

Reply via email to