Hi MaryAnn,

 

I find it interesting that you said you have an opera singer in your
ancestry.  My great uncle Manuel J. Carvalho  was also an opera singer and
recorded a number of records.

 

My Ethnic Makeup shows 7% Jewish Deaspora and 3% Middle Eastern.

 

Rick

 

Richard Francis Pimentel

Epping, NH

 

 

From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of
MaryAnn Santos
Sent: Thursday, October 9, 2014 6:23 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: [AZORES-Genealogy] Re: Trying to decipher Obitos

 

Thank you, so much. This is fascinating. It was always suspected that we had
Jewish ancestry on my mother's side. Also, my DNA ethnic makeup indicates 6%
middle eastern. So that makes sense. But what I find curious is that I don't
recall seeing such a description in any of the other obitos in that family.

 

My father was born in 1907 in Manaus, Brazil although his parents were from
Viseu area in Portugal. The story is his father (Sebastião dos Santos
Verissimo) "disappeared" in Brazil and my father and his mother returned to
Portugal around 1910. It's suspected that they just split up. I would love
to find out what happened to him. Any suggestions on where to start this
search?

 

Also, I have other family on my mother's side who emigrated to Brazil - São
Paulo I believe, but I haven't yet gotten round to exploring that side of my
ancestry. I do know one was an opera singer in the early part of the 20th
century.

 

 

 

-- 
For options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or No Mail (vacation) 
mode, log into your Google account and visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/Azores.  Click in the blue area on the right 
that says "Join this group" and it will take you to "Edit my membership."
--- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Azores Genealogy" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/azores.

Reply via email to