Don't know the answer to the first part of yuor question. As for the location,
you can do a Google search for "Rua do Brum" and a map for its approx. location
will pop up.
Hermano

Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2014 12:49:16 -0700
From: antoniof1...@gmail.com
To: azores@googlegroups.com
Subject: [AZORES-Genealogy] Re: Synagogue Ponta Delgada

Thanks Barbara great link. Does anyone known what the plans for Synagogue is
after restoration and what area of Ponta Delgada is it located?

On Sunday, October 12, 2014 10:43:16 AM UTC-7, Barbara Bluhm wrote:I am happy
to report that the synagogue in Ponta Delgada is actively being restored. The
facade fits with the architecture of the street but stands out uniquely with
its yellow trim color. As we walked by,there were workmen inside sawing away.
No identifying marks on building other than the number over the door. Here as
well as Horta , we were unable to visit the Jewish cemetery which is located
way outside the city near the airport, I understand that gate is locked.
This link is to a very interesting article regarding synagogue Ponta Delgada
https://notevenpast.org/a-hidden-jewish-archive-in-the-azores/
Peace, Barbara