I have Remigio in my line dating back to (late 1500-early 1600s) São Jorge,
Nordeste, São Miguel. But it's a first name - Remigio Martins and his
daughter Remigia de Sintres married (after 1565) to Bras Lopes.

On Tue, Nov 18, 2014 at 9:57 AM, JR <[email protected]> wrote:

> Remigio is not common at all, but it just so happens I have:
>
> Remigio de Torres cc Barbara Pacheco 10 Apr 1763, Nordeste, Sao Jorge.
> This could be the line you are looking for since it occurs before 1800.
> Two pages:
>
> http://culturacores.azores.gov.pt/biblioteca_digital/SMG-ND-SAOJORGE-C-1755-1768/SMG-ND-SAOJORGE-C-1755-1768_item1/P60.html
>
>
> http://culturacores.azores.gov.pt/biblioteca_digital/SMG-ND-SAOJORGE-C-1755-1768/SMG-ND-SAOJORGE-C-1755-1768_item1/P61.html
>
> JR
>
>
> On Monday, November 17, 2014 1:53:46 AM UTC-5, IslandRoutes wrote:
>>
>> I have a confusing problem.  I've written before about my line Pacheco de
>> Resendes.  In 1799, they had a son, Remigio Pacheco.  Remigio's descendents
>> went by Pacheco Remigio, Remigio Pacheco, Pacheco, and Romiza (after 1900
>> in the US).  The family is in Maia, Ribeira Grande, and there are no
>> Pacheco Remigio's in Maia that do not connect to Remigio b. in 1799.  I
>> don't even think I saw the first name Remigio given to anyone else.
>>
>> This year I've been contacted by a researcher in Canada.  She also has
>> the Pacheco Remigio surname but her line is in Brasil.  However, her great
>> grandmother, who used that surname, move to Maia, RG, sometime around
>> 1900.  That woman and her father both used Pacheco Remigio according to
>> this researcher.
>>
>> Her tree is online at ancestry.  The more I review it, the more I feel
>> that there can be no connection to my Remigio b. 1799.  Her line is in
>> Brasil before 1800.  And, the line seems to be Pacheco way back.  Only the
>> two later ancestors seem to have used the Pacheco Remigio surname.
>>
>> There are some possibilities.  It's a coincidence, the Pacheco Remigio
>> doesn't come from the paternal line, they were named after a relative who
>> was a Pacheco Remigio (maybe godparents).  Someone else in the Pacheco de
>> Rezendes line, perhaps Remigio's sibling, used that surname too.  There is
>> an error in her research and her line wasn't in Brasil as long as she
>> thinks it was. I don't know what else might be the case.
>>
>> So, my question is how popular is the name Remigio for Azoreans and
>> Brasilians?  Is it possible we have a coincidence going on?
>>
>> Thanks for any thoughts on this.
>>
>  --
> For options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or No Mail
> (vacation) mode, log into your Google account and visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/Azores. Click in the blue area on the
> right that says "Join this group" and it will take you to "Edit my
> membership."
> ---
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "Azores Genealogy" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
> email to [email protected].
> Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/azores.
>



-- 
*MaryAnn Santos*
Senior Advisement and Student Affairs Administrator
Department of Art and Art Professions
NYU/Steinhardt
212.998.5702
[email protected]

Follow us at

*Twitter / @NYUart <https://twitter.com/NYUart>Instagram / @nyuart
<http://instagram.com/nyuart>*
*Facebook / NYU Art Department
<https://www.facebook.com/pages/NYU-Art-Department/53833145389>*

-- 
For options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or No Mail (vacation) 
mode, log into your Google account and visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/Azores.  Click in the blue area on the right 
that says "Join this group" and it will take you to "Edit my membership."
--- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Azores Genealogy" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/azores.

Reply via email to