Yeah it's amazing that we can see these records from the comfort of our homes 
even from our Iphones etc. I spent so many nights and weekends at LDS centers 
and the volunteers were awesome. They would dim the lights and turn them up if 
needed to allow a better view. I'm grateful for the work that when into this 
effort and I have written to express my gratitude. Thank you CCA and LDS 
volunteers. Herb


> On Nov 18, 2014, at 12:27 AM, [email protected] wrote:
> 
> 
> [email protected]       Google Groups              
> Topic digest 
> View all topics
> What's Next to upload for the CCA? - 1 Update
> CCA concludes the Azores parish records project (aka Ribeirinha records are 
> now online) - 10 Updates
> Joseph Cardoza (Cardozo) Garcia b.Fayal 22 Jul 1859 - 5 Updates
> Manuel Romeiro Velho - 3 Updates
> How common is the name Remigio? - 1 Update
> What's Next to upload for the CCA?           
> Kawika322 <[email protected]>: Nov 17 08:01PM -0800 
> 
> I would also like to thank the CCA for getting all the Azores parishes 
> online. It was a big task and definitely worth it.
>  
> Does anyone know what might be next on the agenda for the CCA to upload? 
> >From what I remember it may be the passportes for Angra or Horta but I'm not 
> sure.
>  
> David
> Back to top
> CCA concludes the Azores parish records project (aka Ribeirinha records are 
> now online)     
> "João Ventura" <[email protected]>: Nov 17 01:27PM -0800 
> 
> Hello, everyone
>  
> The parish records for Ribeirinha (Ribeira Grande - São Miguel) are now 
> online.
>  
> A big applause to the CCA archivists and the LDS volunteers for the work 
> they did in scanning and making available all the parish records for the 
> Azores. It's a project that when I started paying attention was already 
> halfway done, but that was a monumental task by everyone involved.
>  
> João C. Ventura
> http://tombo.pt/en
> Cheri Mello <[email protected]>: Nov 17 03:27PM -0800 
> 
> Maybe we should email the CCA and thank them. They will read English or
> Portuguese.
> [email protected]
> Cheri
> Paul <[email protected]>: Nov 17 03:48PM -0800 
> 
> Hopefully the LDS people will make their way to Madeira and get those records 
> online.
>  
> Paul G.
> Rosemarie Capodicci <[email protected]>: Nov 17 03:53PM -0800 
> 
> Good idea, Cheri. I have done so and hope that others will write and thank
> them for making these records available to us all in the comfort of our own
> homes! When I think of the hours that I spent looking at the microfilm for
> years and can now read them from my own home computer, I am amazed!
>  
>  
>  
> Rosemarie
> [email protected]
> Researching Sao Jorge, Terceira, Graciosa, and Pico, Azores,
> Isola delle Femmine, Sant' Elia Sicily
>  
> Marilyn Thompson <[email protected]>: Nov 17 04:44PM -0800 
> 
> I have also sent a thank you to CCA
>  
> Edna Epps <[email protected]>: Nov 17 04:08PM -0800 
> 
> I'm with you Rosemarie! I love being able to search at home!! I will send 
> them a note for sure!;) 
> Edna 
> [email protected]
> Elizabeth Migliori <[email protected]>: Nov 17 05:40PM -0800 
> 
> Muito Obrigado!!!!! (did I spell it right?)
>  
> Pam Santos <[email protected]>: Nov 17 06:49PM -0800 
> 
> I am with you Paul, I need Madeira too.
>  
> On Mon, Nov 17, 2014 at 5:40 PM, Elizabeth Migliori <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>  
> Cheryl Barnhurst <[email protected]>: Nov 17 07:10PM -0800 
> 
> I sent a thank you to them. It is such a wonderful gift to those of us 
> researching the Azores. I am so very thankful! 
> Sherry Barnhurst
>  
>  
> Sent from my iPad
>  
> Deb McCabe <[email protected]>: Nov 18 03:22AM 
> 
> Consider it done!
> Deb McCabe When I searched for ancestors, I found friends! 
>  
> On Monday, November 17, 2014 7:10 PM, 'Cheryl Barnhurst' via Azores Genealogy 
> <[email protected]> wrote:
> 
> 
>  
> I sent a thank you to them. It is such a wonderful gift to those of us 
> researching the Azores. I am so very thankful! Sherry Barnhurst
>  
> Sent from my iPad
> On Nov 17, 2014, at 3:53 PM, Rosemarie Capodicci <[email protected]> wrote:
>  
>  
> Good idea, Cheri. I have done so and hope that others will write and thank 
> them for making these records available to us all in the comfort of our own 
> homes! When I think of the hours that I spent looking at the microfilm for 
> years and can now read them from my own home computer, I am amazed! 
>  
>  
> Rosemarie [email protected] Sao Jorge, Terceira, Graciosa, and 
> Pico, Azores,Isola delle Femmine, Sant' Elia Sicily
> On Mon, Nov 17, 2014 at 3:27 PM, Cheri Mello <[email protected]> wrote:
>  
> Maybe we should email the CCA and thank them.  They will read English or 
> [email protected]
> -- 
> For options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or No Mail 
> (vacation) mode, log into your Google account and visit this group at 
> http://groups.google.com/group/Azores. Click in the blue area on the right 
> that says "Join this group" and it will take you to "Edit my membership."
> --- 
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
> "Azores Genealogy" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an 
> email to [email protected].
> Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/azores.
>  
>  
> -- 
> For options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or No Mail 
> (vacation) mode, log into your Google account and visit this group at 
> http://groups.google.com/group/Azores. Click in the blue area on the right 
> that says "Join this group" and it will take you to "Edit my membership."
> --- 
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
> "Azores Genealogy" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an 
> email to [email protected].
> Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/azores.
>  
> -- 
> For options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or No Mail 
> (vacation) mode, log into your Google account and visit this group at 
> http://groups.google.com/group/Azores. Click in the blue area on the right 
> that says "Join this group" and it will take you to "Edit my membership."
> --- 
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
> "Azores Genealogy" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an 
> email to [email protected].
> Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/azores.
> Back to top
> Joseph Cardoza (Cardozo) Garcia b.Fayal 22 Jul 1859           
> gilroyDave <[email protected]>: Nov 17 08:15AM -0800 
> 
> Have uncovered a handwritten document detailing my ggGrandfather, Joseph C. 
> Garcia, as being born in Fayal 22 Jul 1859 to Joseph Cardoza (Cardozo) and 
> Rosa Garcia. ggGrandfather arrived USA at New Bedford, MA in 1876, migrated 
> to California and married Sarah Patron 19 May 1895. Have the downline tree 
> well documented but now would like information for Azores part of the tree. 
> Can anyone help?
> Cheri Mello <[email protected]>: Nov 17 09:05AM -0800 
> 
> Gilroy,
> Can you scan the document and attach it?
>  
> You need 3 things to begin your research going back: A name, a date, and a
> place. You've got the name and a date. Faial needs to be refined further.
> We need the freguesia (village). Then we can tell you where to go on the
> CCA site. All of Faial is uploaded there and you can view the documents
> online. The document you have will have the freguesia in it.
> Cheri
> "David Peoples" <[email protected]>: Nov 17 01:42PM -0800 
> 
> Thanks Cheri. Unfortunately, the paper I have is not a document but rather 
> handwritten notes of a conversation of a cousin with a great aunt in 1996. 
> Her family members were with my ggGrandfather when he arrived in New Bedford 
> from Azores. So it is oral history, but have found very few of any other 
> facts that did not prove out.
>  
> Dave 
>  
> 
>  
> From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of 
> Cheri Mello
> Sent: Monday, November 17, 2014 9:05 AM
> To: [email protected]
> Subject: Re: [AZORES-Genealogy] Joseph Cardoza (Cardozo) Garcia b.Fayal 22 
> Jul 1859
>  
> 
>  
> Gilroy,
> Can you scan the document and attach it?
>  
> You need 3 things to begin your research going back: A name, a date, and a 
> place. You've got the name and a date. Faial needs to be refined further. We 
> need the freguesia (village). Then we can tell you where to go on the CCA 
> site. All of Faial is uploaded there and you can view the documents online. 
> The document you have will have the freguesia in it.
> Cheri
>  
> -- 
> For options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or No Mail 
> (vacation) mode, log into your Google account and visit this group at 
> http://groups.google.com/group/Azores. Click in the blue area on the right 
> that says "Join this group" and it will take you to "Edit my membership."
> --- 
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
> "Azores Genealogy" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an 
> email to [email protected].
> Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/azores.
> Cheri Mello <[email protected]>: Nov 17 03:28PM -0800 
> 
> Dave G,
>  
> There are 12 or 13 or so churches to look through on Faial. If you have an
> exact date, it's doable.
>  
> Cheri Mello
> Listowner, Azores-Gen
> Researching: Vila Franca, Ponta Garca, Ribeira Quente, Ribeira das Tainhas,
> Achada
> Rosemarie Capodicci <[email protected]>: Nov 17 04:29PM -0800 
> 
> David, If you can make it down to Seaside Family History Center, I can help
> you with the search for your grandfather. I'm also teaching a class at the
> DAR/FHC Seminar at the end of January down here in reading the Portuguese
> records. You can email me directly @ [email protected] if you like.
>  
>  
> Rosemarie
> [email protected]
> Researching Sao Jorge, Terceira, Graciosa, and Pico, Azores,
> Isola delle Femmine, Sant' Elia Sicily
>  
> Back to top
> Manuel Romeiro Velho           
> Decio <[email protected]>: Nov 17 04:45AM -0800 
> 
> Hi John and Hermano, Thanks for your help. The Manuel da Costa Cabral I am 
> looking for , is the one that got married with Francisca Cardoso in Brazil , 
> and who died in 1659 but there is no documentation found yet that prove that 
> he was a son of Manuel Romeiro Velho. There is another hypothesis that he was 
> a son of Vicente Romeiro and Ana da Costa but no documentation found yet. 
> Best regards, Decio
> Doreen Caetano <[email protected]>: Nov 17 07:36AM -0800 
> 
> I do not know if this helps but in my data base I have three children for
> Vicente Romeiro (Velho) and Ana da Costa: Maria da Costa born 5/5/1599 in
> Nove Ribeiras, Terceira, Tome da Costa born 12/27/1600 in Santa Barbara,
> Terceira and Barbara da Costa born 5/21/1614 in same village. Maybe this
> will give you a possible range of when this couple was having children and
> where they were living? Maybe you already ha this information?
>  
> On Mon, Nov 17, 2014 at 4:45 AM, 'Decio' via Azores Genealogy <
> "Decio Medeiros via Gmail" <[email protected]>: Nov 17 02:06PM -0200 
> 
> Doreen , thanks for helping.
>  
> 
>  
> Here it follows what I have about Vicente Romeiro married to Ana da Costa:
>  
> 
>  
> Vicente was baptized at Santa Barbara, Ilha Terceira, 15 jan 1567, son of 
> Aleixo Romeiro.
>  
> 
>  
> Vicente Romeiro and Ana da Costa baptized the following children at Santa 
> Barbara, Ilha Terceira:
>  
> 
>  
> Francisco , july 1594
>  
> Izabel, 09 february 1597
>  
> Maria, 19 may 1599
>  
> Tomé, 27 december 1600
>  
> 
>  
> Someone told me that at Genealogias da Ilha Terceira, Forjaz also mentioned 
> Bartolomeu (1603); Antonio (1605) and Barbara (1614).
>  
> 
>  
> In your message below you mentioned Barbara da Costa baptized by 21 may 1614. 
> Thanks.
>  
> 
>  
> I wonder if Vicente Romeiro and Ana da Costa may have had other children 
> before 1594.
>  
> 
>  
> If they lived at Ilha de Santa Maria or Ilha de Sao Miguel before 1594 and 
> had children there, then I would like to know the names of those children.
>  
> 
>  
> Best regards,
>  
> Decio
>  
> 
>  
> De: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] Em nome de 
> Doreen Caetano
> Enviada em: segunda-feira, 17 de novembro de 2014 13:37
> Para: [email protected]
> Assunto: Re: [AZORES-Genealogy] Manuel Romeiro Velho
>  
> 
>  
> I do not know if this helps but in my data base I have three children for 
> Vicente Romeiro (Velho) and Ana da Costa: Maria da Costa born 5/5/1599 in 
> Nove Ribeiras, Terceira, Tome da Costa born 12/27/1600 in Santa Barbara, 
> Terceira and Barbara da Costa born 5/21/1614 in same village. Maybe this will 
> give you a possible range of when this couple was having children and where 
> they were living? Maybe you already ha this information?
>  
> 
>  
> On Mon, Nov 17, 2014 at 4:45 AM, 'Decio' via Azores Genealogy 
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>  
> Hi John and Hermano, Thanks for your help. The Manuel da Costa Cabral I am 
> looking for , is the one that got married with Francisca Cardoso in Brazil , 
> and who died in 1659 but there is no documentation found yet that prove that 
> he was a son of Manuel Romeiro Velho. There is another hypothesis that he was 
> a son of Vicente Romeiro and Ana da Costa but no documentation found yet. 
> Best regards, Decio
>  
> --
> For options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or No Mail 
> (vacation) mode, log into your Google account and visit this group at 
> http://groups.google.com/group/Azores. Click in the blue area on the right 
> that says "Join this group" and it will take you to "Edit my membership."
> ---
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
> "Azores Genealogy" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an 
> email to [email protected] 
> <mailto:azores%[email protected]> .
> Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/azores.
>  
> 
>  
> -- 
> For options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or No Mail 
> (vacation) mode, log into your Google account and visit this group at 
> http://groups.google.com/group/Azores. Click in the blue area on the right 
> that says "Join this group" and it will take you to "Edit my membership."
> --- 
> You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google 
> Groups "Azores Genealogy" group.
> To unsubscribe from this topic, visit 
> https://groups.google.com/d/topic/azores/xSkxB975QrQ/unsubscribe.
> To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an email to 
> [email protected].
> Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/azores.
> Back to top
> How common is the name Remigio?           
> IslandRoutes <[email protected]>: Nov 16 10:53PM -0800 
> 
> I have a confusing problem. I've written before about my line Pacheco de 
> Resendes. In 1799, they had a son, Remigio Pacheco. Remigio's descendents 
> went by Pacheco Remigio, Remigio Pacheco, Pacheco, and Romiza (after 1900 
> in the US). The family is in Maia, Ribeira Grande, and there are no 
> Pacheco Remigio's in Maia that do not connect to Remigio b. in 1799. I 
> don't even think I saw the first name Remigio given to anyone else.
>  
> This year I've been contacted by a researcher in Canada. She also has the 
> Pacheco Remigio surname but her line is in Brasil. However, her great 
> grandmother, who used that surname, move to Maia, RG, sometime around 
> 1900. That woman and her father both used Pacheco Remigio according to 
> this researcher.
>  
> Her tree is online at ancestry. The more I review it, the more I feel that 
> there can be no connection to my Remigio b. 1799. Her line is in Brasil 
> before 1800. And, the line seems to be Pacheco way back. Only the two 
> later ancestors seem to have used the Pacheco Remigio surname. 
>  
> There are some possibilities. It's a coincidence, the Pacheco Remigio 
> doesn't come from the paternal line, they were named after a relative who 
> was a Pacheco Remigio (maybe godparents). Someone else in the Pacheco de 
> Rezendes line, perhaps Remigio's sibling, used that surname too. There is 
> an error in her research and her line wasn't in Brasil as long as she 
> thinks it was. I don't know what else might be the case.
>  
> So, my question is how popular is the name Remigio for Azoreans and 
> Brasilians? Is it possible we have a coincidence going on?
>  
> Thanks for any thoughts on this.
> Back to top
> You received this digest because you're subscribed to updates for this group. 
> You can change your settings on the group membership page.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it send an 
> email to [email protected].

-- 
For options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or No Mail (vacation) 
mode, log into your Google account and visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/Azores.  Click in the blue area on the right 
that says "Join this group" and it will take you to "Edit my membership."
--- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Azores Genealogy" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/azores.

Reply via email to