Paul,

You'll see on the map that Silveira is northwest up the coast from Lajes.
It's halfway to Sao Joao.

I've seen the records for Silveira usually with Lajes , but epending on
where in the area the family

 lived or what family she married into, the records could be in Sao Joao
also.

I have ancestors from Lajes that are in Terra, northeast of the town of
Lajes, and their records turn up both in the town of Lajes and in Ribeiras
above it.

There are Brum connected to my Silveira Soares family there. I'll take a
look for a connection

Eric Edgar