Thank you very much, Margaret. That was a great help. I had never seen multiple
deaths in one record.

Diane George

From: azores@googlegroups.com [mailto:azores@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of
Margaret Vicente
Sent: Saturday, January 24, 2015 6:54 AM
To: azores
Subject: Re: [AZORES-Genealogy] Translation Help for Death Record

Diane,

The priest wrote multiple deaths in the same obit.  I've seen it before in the
case of accidents when they hall happened to die together but in this case the
priest does not specify.  Here's the gist of it:

On January 23rd 1705 we buried Francisco De Utra Machado and Maria da Rosa wife
of Francisco of "rua de cima" street above naturals and living in this parish
of Santa Catarina, Castelo Branco Place of this island of Faiial.  First burial
is located in the middle of the principal door/entrance door

On the 2nd page you can better read as he wrote:

All received the Sacraments and for his soul the wife of Francisco Gularte was
obligated of ordering masses said for his soul. etc  Because some of the belong
to the Society of the Souls they had extra prayers said for them....and he
closing

"Deceased are Francisco De Utra Machado, 60 years old.  Antonio Alvernas, 65
years old and Maria da Rosa, 21 years old.

On Sat, Jan 24, 2015 at 1:14 AM, Diane George <digeorg...@hotmail.com