This is the birth record for Inacia Herminia de Sousa...record number 14

http://culturacores.azores.gov.pt/biblioteca_digital/PIC-SR-SANTOAMARO-B-1860-1890/PIC-SR-SANTOAMARO-B-1860-1890_item1/P161.html

The record is easy to read (very legible), but I'm having trouble 
*translating* to get the gist of the godparents' role in all of this.

I think I read this:
Parents:
Jacyntho Pedro Leite de Souza is from Povoacao and is a guard at the 
customs department
Ana Theodora da Gloria is employed in domestic government

Grandparents:
Paternal:
Joao Antonio de Medeiros
Florinda Theodora de Jesus
Maternal:
Antonio Jose das Neves
Marianna Josepha ca Conceicao

Godparents: Here's where I'm having trouble understanding what these people 
do:

Jose Maria de Bettencourt is married and he seems to work at the customs 
department...then something about being a representative/attorney for the 
Padre Manuel Polycaspo Pereira da Terra
Dona Ignacia Machado Soares de'Bettencourt  is married and is 
representative/attorney for Sabina de Terra who is single.

Can someone help me understand what I'm reading?

Thank you!!



-- 
For options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or No Mail (vacation) 
mode, log into your Google account and visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/Azores.  Click in the blue area on the right 
that says "Join this group" and it will take you to "Edit my membership."
--- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Azores Genealogy" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/azores.

Reply via email to