Hi Sharlene,

Those records are either in the Civil Registry office in Ponta Delgada (the
official state-issued birth certificates, etc.), or in the Ajuda da
Bretanha church (the parish records, the ones after 1911 were not
confiscated by the government).

The government records should be available around 100 years after the
event, but there's usually some delay (there's basically nothing online
before 1911, and we're already in 2015). So, either contact the above
entities or want a few years until 2030-2070.

João C. Ventura
https://tombo.pt/en