Thanks to those responding.  I have recently learned that my great 
grandfather likely changed his name so I'll be looking into that.  I've 
also looked at tha Azores records mentioned but don't know how I'd be sure 
which one might be correct.  Any ideas?


On Wednesday, April 22, 2015 at 8:16:38 AM UTC-7, Pat Rose wrote:
>
> From marriage records in California, USA both Joseph F Rose, Abt 1848, and 
> Flora Vargas, Abt 1852 came to the United States prior to 1875 when they 
> married here per church records.  I've never been able to find any travel 
> records, arrival records, immigration records, or anything else about when 
> they left the Azores and came to the United States.  The church records 
> here indicated that they came from Faial, Azores but that was all I could 
> find.  I'd love any birth or travel records available.  Where might I begin 
> my search?
> Thank you,  Pat Rose, great grandaughter!
>

-- 
For options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or No Mail (vacation) 
mode, log into your Google account and visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/Azores.  Click in the blue area on the right 
that says "Join this group" and it will take you to "Edit my membership."
--- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Azores Genealogy" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/azores.

Reply via email to