From: "JR" <jmro...@gmail.com>
To: "azores" <azores@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Saturday, May 23, 2015 12:00:14 PM
Subject: [AZORES-Genealogy] Re: Lagoa (Rosario) Translation & Research Help -
LUIZ

Manoel, filho de Manoel Luiz e de Maria do Carmo, neto (grandson) paterno de
Luiz da Costa Sachinha e de Umbelina Thomazia de Jesus, materno de Manoel
Martins e de Maria Ricarda naturaes desta Parochial igreja de NS do Rosario
desta Villa de Lagoa; Born- Jan 29- 1859, bap- Feb 1- 1859

Padrinho- Manoel da Costa solteiro.

Looking at the other records, the non-use of the word 'legitimo', does not
appear to mean anything. It's just the format they use. Neto in this case is
not part of the name, it means grandchild=grandson.Sachinha is undoubtedly a
nickname that means hoe, as in the tool that turns the soil.

JR