Hank,

I've connected with many Flores relatives in my research. One gave me
copies of censuses from the Ponta Delgada area taken in 1915 and 1922. He
said he got them from the local library there.

Eric Edgar

On Thu, Jul 9, 2015 at 9:45 AM, Cheri Mello <[email protected]> wrote:

> After 1910, the Civil Registries have the records. They probably won't let
> you do searches. The same for the churches. It's really hard to work
> forward with the records.  I've had limited luck on one ancestor on Sao
> Miguel. And it took a lot of pleading (but we had a time frame for her).
>
> Cheri
>
> On Thu, Jul 9, 2015 at 8:01 AM, Hank Cupper <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>   I’m traveling to Flores, my home island, in late August with my cousin
>> Deanna.  We hope to find other cousins still living there.  Our direct
>> ancestors left in 1880, but thanks to Cheri and Rosemarie’s super workshop
>> in Salt Lake City I’ve now got a huge pre-1910 family tree.  They were
>> fertile and healthy!  Does anyone have advice or tips about getting access
>> to local church records in the islands?  I have a contact in the village,
>> but I don’t think she’s much of a church goer.  Do I contact the priest
>> directly?  Or do I have to contact the diocese first?  Or...??  If we can
>> just bridge a generation or two I think we’ll find we’re related to just
>> about everyone there!
>>
>> Hank Cupper
>>
>> --
>> For options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or No Mail
>> (vacation) mode, log into your Google account and visit this group at
>> http://groups.google.com/group/Azores. Click in the blue area on the
>> right that says "Join this group" and it will take you to "Edit my
>> membership."
>> ---
>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
>> "Azores Genealogy" group.
>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
>> email to [email protected].
>> Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/azores.
>>
>
>
>
> --
> Cheri Mello
> Listowner, Azores-Gen
> Researching: Vila Franca, Ponta Garca, Ribeira Quente, Ribeira das
> Tainhas, Achada
>
> --
> For options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or No Mail
> (vacation) mode, log into your Google account and visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/Azores. Click in the blue area on the
> right that says "Join this group" and it will take you to "Edit my
> membership."
> ---
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "Azores Genealogy" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
> email to [email protected].
> Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/azores.
>

-- 
For options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or No Mail (vacation) 
mode, log into your Google account and visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/Azores.  Click in the blue area on the right 
that says "Join this group" and it will take you to "Edit my membership."
--- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Azores Genealogy" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/azores.

Reply via email to