Thank you, what is/happens when I post to GEDMatch.com?

On Jul 17, 2015, at 11:46 AM, Cheri Mello wrote:

Most people here tested with Family Tree DNA. Most people who tested with 23andMe did for the health info when they were allowed to provide that information. Since you are a recent testee with 23 and Me, you are NOT eligible for the transfer program to Family Tree DNA. They (23andMe) had a customized chip made to include more health data and less family data, so they are not compatible with Ancestry.com or FTDNA.

If you are OK with putting your DNA out on the World Wide Web, you could upload your raw data from 23andMe to GedMatch.com. Not everyone from FTDNA does this as some people don't want their raw genetic information "out there."

You could test with FTDNA. They have not announced their Sizzling Summer Sale yet. Nor do the admins know what will go on sale.

Cheri Mello
Family Tree DNA Admin (volunteer)
Azores DNA

I have gotten my results back from 23andme, is there anything I can do now to help me find out which of this group has my DNA?

Adair Borba

--
For options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or No Mail (vacation) mode, log into your Google account and visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/Azores. Click in the blue area on the right that says "Join this group" and it will take you to "Edit my membership." ---You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Azores Genealogy" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to azores+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.

Researching: Vila Franca, Ponta Garca, Ribeira Quente, Ribeira das Tainhas, Achada

--
For options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or No Mail (vacation) mode, log into your Google account and visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/Azores. Click in the blue area on the right that says "Join this group" and it will take you to "Edit my membership."
---