I searched Mae de Deus, Povoacao book 1853-1855 image 1-44 only.
I searched Mae de Deus, Povoacao book 1851-1853 image 199 back to 62.

Image 62, right side:
http://culturacores.azores.gov.pt/biblioteca_digital/SMG-PV-MAEDEDEUS-B-1851-1853/SMG-PV-MAEDEDEUS-B-1851-1853_item1/P62.html

It's not an exact match. But it is interesting that the grands have Duarte
on his side and Quiteira on her side. I'd keep this one in mind.

First, I'd go after the marriage of Manuel Jacinto Duarte & Maria Quiteira.
I'd check Maia and then Povoacao.

Cheri

On Fri, Jul 17, 2015 at 11:22 AM, Cheri Mello <gfsche...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Right side, line 6, regarding the groom:
> 20 years of age (so 1853 ish for his birth), single, worker, NATIVE,
> baptized and living in THIS freguesia.....
>
> Yeah, I see it says son of Manoel Jacinto Duarte & Maria Quiteira, natives
> of Maia (Divino Espirito Santo). Maybe the priest here means the parents
> are from Maia, but your Manoel is from Mae de Deus in Povoacao.
>
> Cheri
>
> On Fri, Jul 17, 2015 at 9:48 AM, Paul <pagome...@comcast.net> wrote:
>
>> I am trying to find infomation on my 2nd great grandfather and I'm
>> striking out. The link below is his casamentos, starts on the lower left
>> page and finishes on the right. After his parents name I noticed a
>> freguesia of Divino Espirito Santo do logar da Maia. I have checked the
>> freguesia's of Maia & Lomba da Maia in Ribeira Grande on Sao Miguel, and
>> the freguesia of Santo Espirito on Santa Maria for his baptismo record
>> (est. birth of 1853) without finding anything. any suggestions on how I
>> should proceed?
>>

>> http://culturacores.azores.gov.pt/biblioteca_digital/SMG-PV-MAEDEDEUS-C-1870-1879/SMG-PV-MAEDEDEUS-C-1870-1879_item1/P67.html
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Paul G.
>>
>> --
>> For options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or No Mail
>> membership."
>> ---
>> Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/azores.
>>

> --
> Cheri Mello
> Listowner, Azores-Gen
> Researching: Vila Franca, Ponta Garca, Ribeira Quente, Ribeira das
> Tainhas, Achada

Achada