I received my citizenship about a year ago. I was required to take a
Portuguese exam offered by the University of Lisbon at San Jose State
University. At the time exam was only offered twice a year. Exam took about
three hours and included comprehension, writing, and conversation and cost
about $100.00. My guess is that the ability to speak Portuguese will
continue to be required.