To follow up with Shirl's inquiry and the request for a link.

We have several instances of Banzeco/Banseco's.
This word will often follow our surname Rocha. Many believe it to be an
alcuna/nickname.
It could also be an obscure occupation.

My friend in Brazil believes it could be a derivative of "banzo" a feeling
of nostalgia
some took a stretch to suggest that it might be related to : banco/bank ,
seco/dry
We've even had folks asking around on Flores, but no luck so far on a
definite answer.

Top left record (see Banzeco/Banseco) after Rocha
http://www.culturacores.azores.gov.pt/biblioteca_digital/FLR-SC-SANTACRUZ-C-1809-1860/FLR-SC-SANTACRUZ-C-1809-1860_item1/P107.html

Left hand side , 3rd Manuel
http://www.culturacores.azores.gov.pt/biblioteca_digital/FLR-SC-SANTACRUZ-B-1758-1797/FLR-SC-SANTACRUZ-B-1758-1797_item1/P408.html

Thanks to Shirl for initiating the post and thanks in advance to everyone
for taking a look

LM