Greetings,

I'm very confused....Velas marriages....1788-1806....2 records.....pg's 37 and
54......I'm looking for my 6x greats.....Joao Ignacio de Sousa and maria
Bernarda Poderosa...I know she's from Norte Grande...

Pg 37, bottom left, appears to be the marriage of their daughter, Ana Bernarda
to Joao Jose da Silveira...son of Antonio Alvernaz de Quadros...is the Alvernaz
correct? Antonio was born on Faial the son of Domingos de Abreu and Luisa
Goulart...when he moved to Sao Jorge and married he dropped the Abreu and
changed his name to his wife's, Joanna Maria, father's name of de
Quadros...this however, is the first time I've seen him use the Alvernaz....is
it correct and can anyone glean any info I'm missing? I don't see ages...

Page 54 confuses me more....left side bottom....Joao Ignacio de Sousa
Machado...he appears to be the widower of Maria Bernarda Poderosa and is
marrying a sister of his son in law!!!! Help please...

Thank you,

Nancy Jean