Hello Aaron, Thank you so much, I have hit the Genealogy Lottery.  This 
information is amazing!  I had no idea that these kinds of records were 
available.  I don’t know about the other genealogist on this list, but I would 
appreciate an overview/ lesson on how to use that site.  It has amazing 
information.

http://mea.cm-ribeiragrande.pt/index.php?p=p&sp=req&nome=branco&freguesia=todas&destino=todos&pesquisa=pesquisa&idreq=703

Again I thank you for helping me, it is certainly appreciated.  Theresa


On Jun 17, 2016, at 12:48 AM, Aaron Pereira <[email protected]> wrote:
> 
> Theresa,
> Regarding the possible "at sea birth"... the Portuguese Consulate in Hawaii 
> passport records, or Hawaii Harbor Master records may have him listed as a 
> birth during the voyage.  The Hawaii Archives has copies, or Family History 
> Center.
> 
> Here are links regarding Manuel da Costa Branco:
> 
> Camara Municipal da Ribeira Grande...I really like these records because they 
> provide additional information regarding our ancestors emigration. 
> Here is the record for Manuel da Costa Branco and his family
> 
> http://mea.cm-ribeiragrande.pt/index.php?p=p&sp=req&nome=branco&freguesia=todas&destino=todos&pesquisa=pesquisa&idreq=703
> 
> BYU Immgrant Ancestors Project:
> http://immigrants.byu.edu/search/view_newrecord/242998
> 
> page 4 of the passenger manifest for SS Abergeldie, Manuel and his family are 
> #39, bottom of the page..
> http://www.hawaiian-roots.com/abergeldie4.gif
> 
> cca passport record, Manuel and his family start at #141
> http://www.culturacores.azores.gov.pt/biblioteca_digital/PASSAPORTES-PDL-1875-1883/PASSAPORTES-PDL-1875-1883_item1/P119.html
> 
> here are some CCA annotations related to passport records...
> http://www.arquivos.azores.gov.pt/details?id=1117297&ht=branco
> 
> http://www.arquivos.azores.gov.pt/details?id=1117299&ht=branco
> 
> http://www.arquivos.azores.gov.pt/details?id=1117300&ht=branco
> 
> http://www.arquivos.azores.gov.pt/details?id=1117301&ht=branco
> 
> FYI: If you would like to learn more about the SS Abergeldie voyage, goto: 
> http://www.yourislandroutes.com/ships/abergeldie.shtml
> 
> There are also some newspaper articles you can find through the Library of 
> Congress: Chronicling America website.  I found several articles describing 
> the Abergeldie voyage; where the ship originated, problems encountered, 
> arrival and departure dates, etc. 
> 
> I know this may seem like a lot of information but Azorean emigration to 
> Hawaii happens to be my research of interest.  I enjoy finding documents but 
> I also like to understand and get a feel for what our ancestors experienced 
> in their journey.
> 
> Much more documentation and information exists regarding this period of 
> Azorean emigration, but, I'll leave to you to find and enjoy.
> Good luck in your research.
> -Aaron
> 
> -- 
> For options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or No Mail 
> (vacation) mode, log into your Google account and visit this group at 
> http://groups.google.com/group/Azores.  Click in the blue area on the right 
> that says "Join this group" and it will take you to "Edit my membership."
> --- 
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
> "Azores Genealogy" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an 
> email to [email protected].
> Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/azores.

-- 
For options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or No Mail (vacation) 
mode, log into your Google account and visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/Azores.  Click in the blue area on the right 
that says "Join this group" and it will take you to "Edit my membership."
--- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Azores Genealogy" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/azores.

Reply via email to