Hi Manoel:

So interesting!  Yes, I came across the same record (I can't read
Portuguese, so I have to have them all translated).  I'm pretty good at
picking out what I need to in my guesses.

Thanks for the other information too.  I was going to research that over
the weekend but Father's Day threw me off, so now I can move on to the next
step thanks to you.

The only relatives we knew from the Azores were my grandparents and with
little information at that.  That's all we ever had on the tree.  All of my
maternal relatives have passed away, so no one is here to give us more
information.  My English side we went back to the 1600s, so I made it my
mission to fill in my maternal side tree before I get too old.  It has been
quite a journey and I still have a long way to go.  I now know my
grandfather had siblings and my grandmother had about 10 siblings.  No one
ever knew that.

We also know some of the ancestors came from Santa Maria and it is a
possibility that I descend from the Botelho line as well.

Lots of hard work and fun and meeting people like those in this group have
made it very rewarding.

My grandfather was Manuel Mello from Sao Vicente and my grandmother was
Gloria Maria Oliveira from Livramento in Sao Miguel.  They came to the US
in 1905 and settled in the Cambridge, MA area.

Thanks again for your help.
Cathy


On Sun, Jun 19, 2016 at 10:51 AM, mances <[email protected]> wrote:

>
> Cathy,
>
> Hello cousin! I think I found the birth record for your José Tavares in
> Rabo de Peixe.
> Top left, 1st record:
>
>
> http://culturacores.azores.gov.pt/biblioteca_digital/SMG-RG-RABODEPEIXE-B-1642-1689/SMG-RG-RABODEPEIXE-B-1642-1689_item1/P214.html
>
> 1 jun 1678, José son of Francisco Tavares, single, the son of Francisco
> Pires, deceased; and Maria Fernandes Navarro, single. Godparents: João de
> Sousa Vieira and Bárbara da Silva, midwife.
>
> That's very interesting, it's the third line we are connected to. I also
> descend from Maria Fernandes Navarro! Can you believe it? She married
> Antonio Pereira in Rabo de Peixe on 26 feb 1693 - CCA #50, but
> unfortunately the record doesn´t mention their parents.
>
> I think it's possible that your Francisco Tavares was born in Rabo de
> Peixe on 6 nov 1639 - CCA #80 and was the son of Francisco Pires and Isabel
> Cabral married in Rabo de Peixe on 15 nov 1634 - CCA #27.  Francisco Pires
> was the son of Antonio Dias and Isabel Nunes. Isabel Cabral was the
> daughter of Baltazar Tavares and Maria da Silva.
> This Francisco is the only one that was born in Rabo de Peixe before 1662
> until 1639 that had a father named Francisco Pires.
>
> Manoel
>
>
>
>
> Em sábado, 18 de junho de 2016 17:37:45 UTC-3, cathybourgeois1218 escreveu:
>>
>> Manoel:
>>
>> This is such awesome information.  Obviously you are way ahead of me on
>> ancestors.  So, we are cousins!
>>
>> I really appreciate your sharing all of this and helping me to validate
>> that I'm on the right track with my research.
>>
>> Cathy
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> --
> For options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or No Mail
> (vacation) mode, log into your Google account and visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/Azores. Click in the blue area on the
> right that says "Join this group" and it will take you to "Edit my
> membership."
> ---
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "Azores Genealogy" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
> email to [email protected].
> Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/azores.
>

-- 
For options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or No Mail (vacation) 
mode, log into your Google account and visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/Azores.  Click in the blue area on the right 
that says "Join this group" and it will take you to "Edit my membership."
--- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Azores Genealogy" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/azores.

Reply via email to