Hi Theresa, thanks for sending Manoel's birth record.  You led me to it  And I
found it after you gave me his birth date in one of your earlier emails.
Thanks.  Fortunately it was legible.  I'm assuming this was their first child
because he was named Manoel.  So maybe Sebastiao and Maria da Costa were
married in 1686-1687.

I'm still confused where you got info on Sebastiao being 21 when Manoel was
born.  I only have Sebastiao's obituary and the birth of his children (some).
Since I don't know his parent's name, I haven't looked for Sebastiao's  birth
record in Santa Barbara.

Maria Elena