*Ancestors of Francisco da Silva*

*Generation No. 1*

        *1.*  *Francisco da Silva,* born Abt. 1904 in Lomba do Loucao,
Povoacao freg..  He was the son of *2. Manuel Bernardo da Silva* and *3.
Maria dos Santo de Medeiros*.

*Generation No. 2*

        *2.*  *Manuel Bernardo da Silva,* born Abt. 1871 in Povoacao, Mae
de Deus.  He was the son of *4. Francisco Bernardo da Silva* and *5. Ana de
Melo*.  He married *3. Maria dos Santo de Medeiros* 09 Feb 1891 in Lomba do
Loucao, Concelho de Povoacao.

        *3.*  *Maria dos Santo de Medeiros,* born Abt. 1873 in Agua Retorta,
NS de Penha de Franca.  She was the daughter of *6. Manuel Jacinto Duarte
or Melo* and *7. Margarida de Medeiros*.

Marriage Notes for Manuel Silva and Maria Medeiros:

http://culturacores.azores.gov.pt/biblioteca_digital/SMG-PV-LOMBADOLOUCAO-C-1890-1899/SMG-PV-LOMBADOLOUCAO-C-1890-1899_item1/P22.html

They married in NS dos Remedios, Lomba de Loucao, Concelho de Povoacao, as
Manoel Bernardo da Silva and Maria dos Santos. He is solteiro, trabalhador,
20 yrs old, bap and native Mae de Deus, Povoacao; she is solteira,
domestic, bap and native NS de Penha de Franca, Agua Retorta.

Children of Manuel Silva and Maria Medeiros are:

        1                 i.    Francisco da Silva, born Abt. 1904 in Lomba
do Loucao, Povoacao freg.

                         ii.    Maria, born 04 Jun 1900 in Lomba do Loucao,
Povoacao freg.

Notes for Maria:

http://culturacores.azores.gov.pt/biblioteca_digital/SMG-PV-LOMBADOLOUCAO-B-1900-1904/SMG-PV-LOMBADOLOUCAO-B-1900-1904_item1/P16.html

Maria, 3rd of name, bap- June 24- 1900

                        iii.    Manuel, born 12 Jan 1903 in Lomba do
Loucao, Povoacao freg.

Notes for Manuel:

http://culturacores.azores.gov.pt/biblioteca_digital/SMG-PV-LOMBADOLOUCAO-B-1900-1904/SMG-PV-LOMBADOLOUCAO-B-1900-1904_item1/P104.html

No- 7, Manoel, bap- 19 Jan 1903

Pad- Francisco de Sousa Rezendes lavrador, e sua mulher Maria da Luz Raposa
moradores nesta Lomba de Joao Loucao.

*Generation No. 3*

        *4.*  *Francisco Bernardo da Silva,* born in Ribeira Grande,
Estrela.  He married *5. Ana de Melo*.

        *5.*  *Ana de Melo,* born in Agua Retorta, NS de Penha de Franca.

Children of Francisco Silva and Ana Melo are:

        2                 i.    Manuel Bernardo da Silva, born Abt. 1871 in
Povoacao, Mae de Deus; married Maria dos Santo de Medeiros 09 Feb 1891 in
Lomba do Loucao, Concelho de Povoacao.

                         ii.    Maria Bernarda da Assumpcao, born in
Povoacao, Mae de Deus; married Julio Raposo de Macedo; born in Povoacao,
Mae de Deus.

        *6.*  *Manuel Jacinto Duarte or Melo,* born 18 Feb 1852 in
Povoacao, Mae de Deus.  He was the son of Manuel Jacinto Duarte and Maria
de Jesus or Maria Quiteria.  He married *7. Margarida de Medeiros* 12 Feb
1873 in Povoacao, Mae de Deus.

        *7.*  *Margarida de Medeiros,* born 01 Jan 1852 in Povoacao, Mae de
Deus.  She was the daughter of Antonio de Medeiros and Luisa do Espirito
Santo Medeiros.

Notes for Manuel Jacinto Duarte or Melo:

http://culturacores.azores.gov.pt/biblioteca_digital/SMG-PV-MAEDEDEUS-B-1851-1853/SMG-PV-MAEDEDEUS-B-1851-1853_item1/P62.html

Bap- Feb 24- 1852

Notes for Margarida de Medeiros:

http://culturacores.azores.gov.pt/biblioteca_digital/SMG-PV-MAEDEDEUS-B-1851-1853/SMG-PV-MAEDEDEUS-B-1851-1853_item1/P49.html

bap- Jan 13- 1852

the baptism states grandparent is Joze de Medeiros but marriage of June 11-
1835 says Joao de Medeiros

Marriage Notes for Manuel Duarte or Melo and Margarida Medeiros:

http://culturacores.azores.gov.pt/biblioteca_digital/SMG-PV-MAEDEDEUS-C-1870-1879/SMG-PV-MAEDEDEUS-C-1870-1879_item1/P67.html

certified Dec 9- 1874

Children of Manuel Duarte or Melo and Margarida Medeiros are:

        3                 i.    Maria dos Santo de Medeiros, born Abt. 1873
in Agua Retorta, NS de Penha de Franca; married Manuel Bernardo da Silva 09
Feb 1891 in Lomba do Loucao, Concelho de Povoacao.

                         ii.    Manuel Jacinto Duarte, born in Povoacao,
Mae de Deus; married Maria Francisca Carreiro; born in Povoacao, Mae de
Deus.